Many individuals struggle to make sense of computers, technology, the web (aka the World Wide Web), and, social media as a whole.
Numerous hardware and software developers have labored over the years to make the computer user-friendly and efficient. It now has capabilities and provides insights that were unimaginable even a decade ago.
People are concerned, though, about the dark side of social networking. Parents and teachers alike fret over the books their kids pick up and the information their students post online. As a result, many well-known figures from all around the world have said insightful things about the Internet in quotations. The IT Crowd: The Internet Quotations and quotes about the Internet’s significance can both find what they’re looking for here. Some of the best quotations from around the web are collected here.
This article lists some great internet quotes.
- “If it weren’t for electricity we’d all be watching television by candlelight.”
- “The Internet is the most effective instrument we have for globalization.”- Milton Friedman.
- “Love is so confusing – you tell a girl she looks great and what’s the first thing you do?Turn out the lights!”
- “The Internet is clearly about more than sports scores and email now. It’s a place where we can conduct our democracy and get very large amounts of data to very large numbers of people.”- Frank James.
- “The technological breakthrough of the World Wide Web has been enormously beneficial to society.”- Mike Fitzpatrick.
- “If you can’t convince them, confuse them.”
- “The Internet is just a world passing around notes in a classroom.”- Jon Stewart.”The Internet can empower groups whose aims are in fact antithetical to democracy.”- Evgeny Morozov”The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot; The guy who invented the other three, he was the genius. “
- “I do have friends. Maybe they live hundreds of miles away from me, and maybe I can only talk to them through a screen, but they’re still my friends.”- Francesca Zappia.
- “Like almost everyone who uses e-mail, I receive a ton of spam every day. Much of it offers to help me get out of debt or get rich quick. It would be funny if it weren’t so exciting.”- Bill Gates.”The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.But not in that order”
- “Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak.”
- “The Internet is just a world passing notes around a classroom.”- Jon Stewart.
- “Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I’ve done it thousands of times.”
- “If television’s a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who won’t shut up.”- Dorothy Gambrell.
- “If you don’t have an E-mail address, you’re in the Netherworld. If you don’t have your own World Wide Web page, you’re a nobody.”- Clifford Stoll.
- “The Internet is by far the most important innovation in the media in my lifetime. It’s like having a huge encyclopaedia permanently available.”- Richard Dawkins.
- “The Web’s ability to allow people to forge links is why we refer to it as an abstract information space, rather than simply a network.”- Tim Berners-Lee.
- “If our constitution allows us free speech, why are there phone bills?”
- “The Internet has
- destroyed romance.”- Robert Black.
“With the appearance of communications networks and interconnected computers, we got the world wide web, and it changed the lives of most people, I think.”- Marvin Minsky.
- “I don’t suffer from stress. I’m a carrier.”
- “Like most technology, the Internet has mixed effects. It’s a neutral instrument.”- Noam Chomsky.
- “I remember being given a demo of the ‘World Wide Web’ at Peter Gabriel’s studio in the early 90s, and I had zero comprehension that I was staring into the future. I was just happy with my pager and teletext on the TV.”- Robert Del Naja.
- “Access to computers and the Internet has become a basic need for education in our society.”- Kent Conrad.
- “The Internet gave us access to everything; but it also gave everything access to us.”- James Veitch.
- “Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.”
- “I still love books. Nothing a computer can do can compare to a book. You can’t really put a book on the Internet.”- Ray Bradbury.
- “If my generation is remembered for anything, it will be as the last one that remembers the world before the Internet.”- Lev Grossman.
- “Privacy is not an option, and it shouldn’t be the price we accept for just getting on the Internet.”- Gary Kovacs.
- “I couldn’t repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder.”
- “When you are waiting for the bus and someone asks, “Has the bus come yet?”.If the bus came would I be standing here?”
- “We are all now connected by the Internet, like neurons in a giant brain.”- Stephen Hawking.
- “There are two equalizers in life: the Internet and education.”- John T. Chambers.
- “The World Wide Web is woven together out of threads of glass.”- Steven Johnson.
- “One of the Internet’s strengths is its ability to help consumers find the right needle in a digital haystack of data.”- Jared Sandberg.
- “The problem with the Internet is that it gives you everything – reliable material and crazy material. So the problem becomes, how do you discriminate?”- Umberto Eco.
- “Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.”
- “I guess the Internet and the power of people finding things out for themselves is great.” -Butch Walker.
- “We are born naked, wet, and hungry, and get slapped on our butt then things get worse.”
- “Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back. “
- “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant.”- Mitch Kapor.
- “I always arrive late at the office, but I make up for it by leaving early.”
- “Doing research on the Web is like using a library assembled piecemeal by pack rats and vandalized nightly.”- Roger Ebert.
- “Lacking editors, reviewers or critics, the Internet has become a wasteland of unfiltered data.”- Clifford Stoll.
“Compatible Your money fits in the salesperson’s wallet.”
- “There are three sides to any argument: your side, my side and the right side.”
“Don’t be irreplaceable. If you can’t be replaced, you can’t be promoted. ”
“If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark.”
- “The Internet is a telephone system that’s gotten uppity.”- Clifford Stoll.
“The Internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it.”- John Perry Barlow.
“People who have so much of their personality invested in the Internet can’t really survive as whole individuals without it.”- Mark A. Rayner.
- “When I was born I was so surprised I didn’t talk for a year and a half.”
- “The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn’t understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.”- Eric Schmidt.
- “Almost overnight, the Internet’s gone from a technical wonder to a business must.”- Bill Schrader.
- “Computers will never take the place of books. You can’t stand on a floppy disk to reach a high shelf.”
- “It is my belief that one of the most exciting things about the World Wide Web is that they allow minds, as Spock might say, to meld.”- Frederick Melz.
- “Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?”
- “You could write a book about things that you can’t find on-line.”- Maggie Stiefvater.
- – John Green.
- “The Internet is the most important tool for disseminating information we’ve had since the invention of the printing press. Unfortunately, it’s also one of the best ways of stealing or suppressing information and for putting out misinformation.”- Stewart Stafford.
- “The Internet could be a very positive step towards education, organization and participation in a meaningful society.”- Noam Chomsky.
- “Wealthy people miss one of life’s greatest thrills. Making the last car payment.”
- “The advent of the Internet exposed the fact that the old business model for newspapers was broken. The world wide web fundamentally changed the media eco-system…in what is known as the mainstream media: radio, television, newspapers and magazines.”- Lionel Barber.
- “You know the speed of light, so what’s the speed of dark? “
- “They’ve finally come up with the perfect office computer.If it makes a mistake,it blames another computer.”
- “Science fiction does not remain fiction for long. And certainly not on the Internet.”- Vinton Cerf.
- “You know, the Internet’s made us more aware of what people think about us.”- Robert Smith.
- “Money isn’t everything but it sure keeps you in touch with your children.””The Internet is used as not just a tool anymore but as part of our daily makeup. Almost like oxygen.”- Torron-Lee Dewar.
- “The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.”- Andrew Brown.
- “Globalization, as defined by rich people like us, is a very nice thing… you are talking about the Internet, you are talking about cell phones, you are talking about computers. This doesn’t affect two-thirds of the people of the world.”- Jimmy Carter.
“The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts working the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office”
- “The web is more a social creation than a technical one.”- Tim Berners-Lee.
- “Google can bring you back 100,000 answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.”- Neil Gaiman.
- “Information flow is what the Internet is about. Information sharing is power.”- Vinton Cerf.
- “The World Wide Web was precisely what we were trying to PREVENT – ever-breaking links, links going outward only, quotes you can’t follow to their origins, no version management, no rights management.”- Ted Nelson.
- “Good telling of human stories is the best way to keep the Internet and the World Wide Web from becoming a waste vastland.”- Walter Isaacson.
- “Without the global reach and open technical standards of the Internet, the Web could never have proliferated as it did.”- Katie Hafner.
- “An consultant is someone who takes a subject you understand and makes it sound confusing.”
- “I believe that the World Wide Web is, as a matter of fact, the noogenesis of the noosphere of the future. This is it!”- Ralph Abraham.
- “I dislike the phrase ‘Internet friends,’ because it implies that people you know online aren’t really your friends, that somehow the friendship is less real or meaningful to you because it happens through Skype or text messages.”- John Green
- “The Web does not just connect machines, it connects people.”- Tim Berners-Lee.
- “A lot of things you want to do as part of daily life can now be done over the Internet.”- Marc Andreessen.
- “The Internet is not just one thing, it’s a collection of things – of numerous communications networks that all speak the same digital language.”- James H. Clark.
- “Oh, Wikipedia, with your tension between those who would share knowledge and those who would destroy it.”
- “The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness and kindness, can be trained to do most things.”
- “The Internet is a giant international network of intelligent, informed computer enthusiasts, by which I mean, people without lives.”- Dave Barry.
- “I am so clever that sometimes I don’t understand a single word of what I am saying.”
- “The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow.”- Bill Gates.
- “When Tim Berners-Lee invented the computer code that led to the creation of the World Wide Web in 1990, he did not try to patent or charge fees for the use of his technology.”- Rebecca Mackinnon.
- “Always and never are two words you should always remember never to use.”
- “I think that the online world has actually brought books back.”- Bill Murray.
- “As a research tool, the Internet is invaluable.”- Noam Chomsky.
- “The problem with this generation is that they believe in social media more than people.”- Shihab Kazi.
- “I hope readers will consider, especially in this age of the World Wide Web, that as miraculous as it is, we still need to be in the same room with all five senses if we are to empathize with each other.”- Gloria Steinem.
- “Nowadays, anyone who cannot speak english and is incapable of using the Internet is regarded as backward.”- Al-Waleed Bin Talal.
- “Honesty may be the best policy, but it’s important to remember that apparently, by elimination,dishonesty is the second-best policy.””It’s better to have loved and lost than to do forty pounds of laundry a week.”
- “Doing nothing is very hard to do, you never know when you’re finished. “
- “Internet has made the world a small town again.”- Ana White.
- “The Internet isn’t free. It just has an economy that makes no sense to capitalism.”- Brad Shapcott.
- “By placing intelligence at the edges rather than control in the middle of the network, the Internet has created a platform for innovation.”- Vinton Cerf.
- “It’s always darkest before dawn So if you’re going to steal your neighbor’s newspaper, that’s the time to do it. “
- “I am all for everyone having a voice; I just don’t think everyone has earned the microphone. And that’s what the Internet has done.”- Aaron Sorkin.
- “It’s amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everyday always just exactly fits the newspaper.”
- “When your dreams turn to dust, it’s time to vacuum.”
Say hello to HostRooster, the ultimate one-stop-shop for all your entrepreneurial needs! From website hosting to freelance services, HostRooster is the platform that puts the power of success in your hands. Think of it as a matchmaker for your dreams and your website – HostRooster connects you with the tools and services you need to bring your ideas to life. No more juggling multiple platforms and providers, HostRooster has got you covered. So why wait? Sign up today and join the ranks of the world’s greatest entrepreneurs. With HostRooster, the sky’s the limit! “Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do.” – Eric Thomas “Don’t wait for opportunities, create them.” – Anonymous “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”