HostRooster introduced the ability to create a server using the Oracle Linux 8.3 template.
Regardless of the operating system kernel version, Oracle Linux maintains compatibility with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL). Oracle Linux 8.3 includes UEK R6 along with the Red Hat Compatible (RHCK) kernel in the installation image. UEK R6 is included and installed by default and is the default kernel on first boot. The UEK R6 kernel offers more innovation than other commercial Linux kernels.
Oracle Linux 8.3 version supports dynamic programming languages:
- Ruby 2.7.1
- Chapter: 14
- squid:4 (version 4.11)
- git packages 2.27
Red Hat Red Hat Compatible Kernel (RHCK):
- The lshw command now provides additional information about the processor
- /dev/random and /dev/urandom are partially supported on Kernel Crypto API DRBG
- Added Berkeley Advanced Packet Filter for Virtual Machines (KVM)
- libbpf support is now available
- Support for the Mellanox ConnectX-6 Dx network adapter is now included in the template, the driver is loaded automatically
- TSX is disabled by default on Intel processors that support disabling it
Support for infrastructure services:
- Bind (version 9.11)
- Powertop (version 2.12)
- Tuned (version 2.14.0
- tcpdump (version 4.9.3)
Support for security libraries:
- gnutls (version 3.6.14)
- Libreswan (version 3.32)
- libseccomp library (version 2.4.3)
- libkcapi (version 1.2.0)
- libssh library (version 0.9.4)
- settools (version 4.3.0)
- stunnel (version 5.56)
The Oracle Linux 8.3 template is already available in the control panel.
HostRooster is a leading web hosting solutions company. Since our founding in 2019, HostRooster has continually innovated new ways to deliver on our mission: to empower people to fully harness the web. Based in London, England, we provide comprehensive tools to users throughout the world so anyone, novice or pro, can get on the web and thrive with our web hosting packages.