The HostRooster Community is here for you to connect with other entrepreneurs and HostRooster users. It’s a place to share and discover first-hand business insights & best practices; exchange ideas; gather feedback; build relationships; troubleshoot technical issues and ultimately grow your businesses.
To continue to be fruitful, beneficial, and interesting, all great communities require a few rules. Individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences make up the HostRooster Community. These rules will make sure that your experience and everyone else’s in the HostRooster Community is as positive as possible.
- Our core principles
- Champion diversity and inclusivity to bring everyday entrepreneurs together.
- Create shared experiences for members to connect and interact with each other.
- Provide guidance for every step of the entrepreneur journey.
Online or offline, no one should ever feel excluded, threatened, or endangered. We want to create a friendly environment where individuals may network and exchange ideas. Any sort of discriminatory speech or behavior—including harassment, personal assaults, bullying, threats, and obscenity—is not tolerated by our company.
The Community’s Anti-Harassment Policy must be followed by all participants and members. This policy shall be upheld by HostRooster across all platforms and gatherings. In order to assist create a secure environment for everyone, we anticipate cooperation from all participants.
HostRooster will not tolerate harassment in any form. Harassment includes but is not limited to:
- Unwelcome or offensive verbal comments or nonverbal expressions related to race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, or any other basis protected by law.
- The use of derogatory or discriminatory language, gestures, or actions.
- Deliberate intimidation.
- Harassing photography or recording.
- Sustained disruption of calls, meetings, activities or other events.
- Unsolicited physical contact.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
Members and participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
In its sole and absolute discretion, HostRooster may take action against any person(s) it feels are in violation of this policy, including, but not limited to, ejecting the offending individuals from the Community event.
If you believe you’ve observed or experienced a violation of this policy, or have any other concerns, please contact the group leaders or HostRooster Community team immediately.
Our guidelines for the Community involve a few rules to make this a respectful, fair, educational, and thriving environment:
- Be respectful. The HostRooster Community brings people together from around the world with different perspectives, experiences, and opinions. We do not tolerate inappropriate behavior or content, which includes harassment, threats, bullying, obscenity, or discriminatory speech or actions in any form.
- No political, relegious, or medical conversations. Keep on topic about small business challenges and solutions.
- Keep it clean. Vulgar, obscene, profane, or otherwise offensive comments and language are not welcome. Sexual content and imagery is strictly prohibited.
- Ask for help. Don’t be afraid to ask for help and guidance. Our community is full of members with a wide range of experience and skill levels. Tip: Search before you ask for help – your question may already be answered!
- Be supportive. Show your appreciation by thanking helpful members and acknowledging helpful responses. Try to welcome new members to the community and offer to help where possible. You don’t need to be an expert to share what you know and help another member.
- Share your own work. All content and contributions should be original. Our Community will benefit more from your original insights and contributions. If you share content from other websites or sources, be sure to note where the content came from.
- No spamming. Keep promotions in designated areas. For example, you may promote your business/website(s) in your user profile and signature. Contributions should be unbiased so every member of the HostRooster Community can benefit.
- Stay on topic with your contributions. Whether online or offline, make sure your contributions are relevant to the topic at hand. Your contributions are more likely to be welcomed that way.
- Be you and only you. Do not attempt to manipulate or circumvent our Community platform systems in any way. This includes any ranking and reputation systems, using multiple profiles and/or colluding with others on voting.
- Protect your privacy and the privacy of others. Do not disclose identifiable information in online messages. This includes email addresses, passwords, and HostRooster shopper IDs.
- Common sense prevails. Our Community is a global network of peers and colleagues. Think about what is appropriate for that audience and use your best judgment. And, always remember, at the end of the day, we’re all here to help each other succeed and grow online.
You must adhere to the following on all HostRooster Community platforms:
- Posting any words or pictures that encourage unlawful action or the use of any illicit drugs is prohibited, as is talking about such acts or substances with the intention of engaging in them.
- Avoid violating or appropriating someone else’s intellectual property, privacy, or publicity rights.
- Never pose as a member of HostRooster staff, another member of the HostRooster Community, or as a representative of another business.
Bear in mind that these are just guidelines — interpretations are solely up to the HostRooster Community team. These guidelines are not exhaustive and are subject to change. Penalties for behavior that violates these guidelines are at the discretion of our group leaders, moderators and the HostRooster Community team.